Monday, March 28, 2005

St. Theresa's Prayer

St. Theresa's Prayer
May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly
where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities
that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received and
pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you
are a child of God. Let this presence settle into our bones and allow
your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each
and every one of you.


Thank you to Amy, my wife’s second best friend (I’m first) for sending me this prayer. I am not catholic, and I don’t know anything about St. Theresa, but I think the message is very beautiful. It goes hand in hand with what Jesus has really been pressing on my heart. It comes from a book on 2 Corinthians written by Ray Steadman.
“Christ has already set you where he wants you to exercise (your) ministry”
The fact that we are all in the perfect situation to do something really amazing with the life and gift God has blessed us with, is more inspiration than every stupid cat calendar ever hung on a secretary’s wall combined (you know with cute little sayings like “Hang in there.”)
Not much to say tonight, but I just wanted to share with everyone those simple thoughts.

Love you all,
Rob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a powerful prayer. Thank you for sharing it.

 

Sean Robert Meehl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates