Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Ouch, ow, uhh, son of a ...

It is called “hhhert”. Make the “H” sound really hard, the back of your throat. That is what I and Obi-Won-Jim-Koby (1LT Koby) had done to us today. Curious yet? Of course you are. Well I shall expand. We both got haircuts today, Iraqi haircuts. I have had a few before, but today I dragged Jim along and forced him to get the “hhhert” treatment. What is this “hhhert” treatment? First your face gets plastered with talcum powder. Then the barber take a piece of thread, winds it between his fingers, in a triangle type shape. Then he runs the free running end into his mouth. He places the triangle on your face, and then the hands start moving like a Bruce Lee movie. The thread and the hands become this hair removal machine like no other. The head bobs up and down, moving the thread back and forth, it is so bizarre, I had to take photos to help explain it all. Words just fail the whole experience. When you are all done you have no hair on your forehead, nose, ears, upper cheeks and your eyebrows are very well groomed. It is very painful, but I know you would be proud to know that I was not letting my eyebrows merge together into one, all powerful, eyebrow.
V/R,
S. Robert Meehl
Matthew 16:15

No comments:

 

Sean Robert Meehl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates