Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A Piece of My Mind!!!

I am getting sick and tired of hearing about all this violence going on, and no one seems to be doing anything about. I am not even in America and it is making me sick the way the whole country seems to be falling apart. Can’t you people at home do a better job of keeping things under control while I am gone? What is going on? Some lady named “Cindy” is apparently roaming the streets of New Orleans, ripping down trees and knocking over power lines, and in general causing much havoc. That is just disgraceful. I had my honeymoon in New Orleans, and granted I am having a hard time thinking of one square inch of that city that I would call “clean”, but that is no excuse. This “Cindy” person should be dealt with. I have heard there are even copy cat criminals just waiting to take after her destructive ways.
Some guy named “Dennis” apparently is threating the entire country of Jamaica. Jamaica is the home of Bob Marley, that guy ruled, and to just sit back and let this jerk “Dennis” destroy the home of Bob Marley is wrong. You should all be ashamed of yourself.
Apparently gang violence is on the rise in my home state of Florida as well. Gang violence seems to be getting out of control. It used to be confined to the inner city, but now it has even made to the beaches. Look, I saw that movie “West Side Story” and frankly neither “the Sharks” not “the Jets” scared me. I mean all they did was dance around in circles. I don’t even think they fought; they were kind of “girly.” I guess things have changed in the six months I have been away. I just read a headline about “the Sharks” ripping someone’s leg off. What is that all about? That is utterly frightening. I, for one, am horrified.
I think the solution to these problems is that people need to start paying attention to the world around them. People really need to look beyond the surface, and get the whole story. This way we will be more informed, and information is power, or is it knowledge? I read that in a movie once, but I wasn’t really paying attention, so I can’t really remember which one it was, but my point is still valid.

No comments:

 

Sean Robert Meehl | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates